In the National Design Award of Latvia the works are evaluated
in 5 categories:
Winner in the product design category
– a design award for products that offer solutions to contemporary problems and contribute to the improvement of the quality of life and the development of society without negative impact on the environment.
In the product design category, works can be submitted that demonstrate functionality, aesthetic, sustainability and co-creation, while stimulating positive change, economic development and employment.
New or improved products introduced to the market, produced in larger or smaller factories and workshops, as well as developed product prototypes, can be submitted in this category. These include everyday, entertainment, home, hobby and sports goods, food, cosmetic and wellness products, fashion, transport, technology devices and other products.
Winner in the service design category
– design Award for services that contribute to the improvement of the quality of life and the development of society without negative impact on the environment.
In the service design category, works can be submitted that demonstrate functionality, aesthetic, sustainability and co-creation, while stimulating positive change, economic development and employment.
In this category, user-friendly, inclusive and responsive public, private and non-governmental sector processes, systems and programmes that create better infrastructure, communication and interaction between stakeholders can be submitted to the award.
Winner in the communication design category
– design Award for graphics and communication solutions that deliver powerful, understandable and inclusive messages.
In the communication design category, works can be submitted that demonstrate an effective and innovative connection between the message, medium and end user.
Branding, graphic, advertisement, marketing and public educational campaigns, packaging, publishing and typeface, as well as illustration and other visual communication works can be submitted in this category.
– design Award for environmental solutions contributing to creation of a beautiful, sustainable and inclusive environment.
In the environmental design category, entries can be submitted that demonstrate functionality, attractiveness, sustainability and inclusion, stimulating and safe public indoor and outdoor experiences.
In this category, public and private outdoor spaces and interiors, expositions of museums, exhibitions and trade places, environmental objects, spatial installations, event scenographies and other environmental design works can be submitted.
Winner in the category of digital solutions:
– design Award for digital solutions with high audience engagement, interaction and effectiveness.
Digital Solutions Award will be given to a work that showcases design's ability to create a digital environment that corresponds to the audience's needs, desires, behavior, social context and era.
In this category, can be submitted works created and used in the digital environment - websites, apps, games, NFTs, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, audio, video, immersive experiences and other solutions.